Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Busy busy busy

I'm currently trying to print up hangtags for some burpcloths that I'll be selling in a little boutique starting tomorrow. That sentence is so surreal. I started teaching myself to sew right around the time I had the baby. While I was pregnant I was struck by the shortage of cute baby boy clothes out there. So I started to sew. Our roomie/niece taught me how to sew in her brief stint with us. I instantly fell in love with it. None of that pesky counting like in knitting. Oh no! I can fly by the seat of my pants when sewing. Which is good because, well, that's how I roll.

*Side note: I just figured out how to make the front and back of the hangtag print on opposite sides, going in the right direction, in a way the cuts will line up. I'm kind of amazed at myself right now.

A couple of weeks ago a mama friend of mine had us over for a playdate (where we unwittingly unleashed RSV on her house, oy) and we talked crafts. She is renting some artist space at a local crafty/arty boutique place and she is letting sublet some of that space. So now all of a sudden I have a deadline! I need deadlines! I'm one of those people that cleans house when company is coming over. Motivation!

So I've been furiously sewing and ironing and trying to figure out presentation (husband to the rescue!) and prices and all that. I've also been working on my etsy shop because, oh yeah! I put the link on my hangtags! See? Motivation!

Okay, I've been neglecting my baby long enough. He is fed up with daddy.

2 comments:

Joanna said...

oh this is so exciting! i want to hear more about yalls adventure. when can we come shop? I can promise no less than 3 crafty women will come with me.

mama k said...

Josie, our stuff is at Luminarias Boutique on Broadway next to the Wash Tub. I ran in while I was out running errands and it has a lot of neat stuff.