Monday, October 12, 2009

Fall is falling

The sick has taken over my house. Thankfully it isn't the big scary sick is lurking around every corner, but it is the sick nonetheless. I'm feeling better but the baby, the husband and the roommate are all feeling it. The big kid just got back from 5 days at his dad's house so it hasn't hit him. Hopefully it won't.

The weather and the time of year are trying to force a dark cloud over my head, but I'm trying to fight it off. We instituted a chore list and a meal planning schedule. Hopefully that will help keep things somewhat sane around here.

I'm watching Antiques Roadshow with the roommate. The husband and the big kid are in the kitchen. The big kid is getting a lesson in making adobo and, it is awesome to listen to. Home ec a la the Philippines. And I get to eat adobo at the end of it.

This week for "school" we are drawing a map, to scale, of the front yard. I got a neat little book with permaculture projects, including designing beds like mandalas and herb mounds using recycled tires. Pretty cool. I'm excited to get started. Of course I want to start planting all sorts of things NOW NOW NOW, but I'm going to use this gardening experience as a growing opportunity and do it the proper way. So, we're going to plan the beds and then prep the soil over the winter. I know it will pay off in the long run. In the meantime, I'm trying to keep myself busy learning how to make bread, sew skirts and curtains(I just ordered about 5 sewing books from the library), and freeze some meals.

Is this like postpartum nesting or something?

No comments: