Wednesday, April 1, 2009

my love

Today I married the man of my dreams. Or the man that I was afraid to dream about. I don't know how I found him, but I did. Words are failing me at the moment. Oddly, this felt like perhaps the perfect time to update this poor, neglected space.

With one son by my side and the other wiggling in my belly, I promised, in front of some of our favorite people, to join this man in life. Officially. He giggled through the whole thing and I boggled at the surrealism. The only thing holding us on this planet was each other. Everyone else in that stark little room disappeared. Afterwards, we all stood on the sidewalk and laughed. Lots of pictures were taken.

We loaded back up in the cars and went to eat the best BBQ in the state. Of course, we all ate too much. We also laughed, shared stories, and generally enjoyed each other's company.

It was exactly what we both wanted.

My life is a wondrous, magical place.

1 comment:

A said...

Cheers to you.

Like I've said before, you deserve this.

I'm SO happy for you.