Monday, August 3, 2009

a shift

Goodness, I went back and read my last post and couldn't get past the unusual sappiness oozing out of the monitor. I am happy to report that I still love married life as much as I did when I was mere hours into it. Since then we have added another member to our little family. The baby is now 2 months old and a delicious ball of fat rolls and giggles. I joked through my pregnancy that this was my do-over. No offense meant towards the big kid, but his birth was HELL. The baby was perfectly compliant and showed up fast and furious.

The biggest news around here is that, as the big kid enters 6th grade, we have decided to home school. I was already planning on staying home with the baby while going to school part time so I'm not having to turn my plans completely around. It is however, and exciting and slightly terrifying decision. All of my insecurities as a parent are on display. Thankfully I am surrounded by supportive people that believe in me and cheer me on. Without them I would be sunk.

So, I think the focus of the blog will be shifting a bit. Just a warning with your update. And now my beautiful, loving husband has dinner on the table.

No comments: