Tuesday, January 27, 2009

last year, my new year's resolution was to read 50 books in 2008. i read 46. while i didn't meet my goal, i was feel very successful. i have loved reading as long as i can remember. when i read a good book, i disappear inside of the story. in recent years i had gotten away from that. i still had stretches of intense reading, but i had longer stretches of no reading. so, those 46 books led me back to my first true love. i even made amends with the public library, which i had neglected horribly.

right now, i am trying to fully participate in every area of my life, and i'm having a hard time finding balance. this tells me that there are too many areas. the areas i have chosen to make top priority are: my family, my home, my education. i'm just basically getting by at work. luckily, i can treat it as a past time and do okay. that's another post.

i am fully nesting, which seems slightly ridiculous being only 5 months along, but there it is. every sunday, when i don't have work or school obligations, i turn into a type a interior decorator, but a pregnant one. meaning, i have a lot of things i want to get done! done! done! and i can't do any of the heavy lifting. lucky partner, i have, huh?

okay, a hungry adolescent boy is begging for food. must go.

No comments: