Wednesday, October 15, 2008

drive-by update

We had a doctor appointment yesterday and we saw a heartbeat! yay! Estimated due date is now June 8. A gemini. I'm going to have to do some reading on them. The boyfriend was pretty excited and didn't get queasy or grossed out or anything. He's a good man. I"m lucky to have him by my side through all of this.

Eating is still like walking through a minefield. Every time I throw up I seem to fall asleep for an hour or so. So I feel either groggy or nauseous or some combination of the two most of the time. Yay. Not.

The boyfriend's brother and SIL are renting a house around the corner from us. She is 8 months pregnant so soon I'll be able to walk over there and get all the baby love I need while I"m impatiently awaiting the arrival of this one. In the meantime we are planning to start walking on a regular basis. I didn't do any of that good stuff when I was pregnant with The Kid and I'm determined to be in better shape come this birth.

In other news, my best friend is waiting to find out if the growth in her neck is cancerous. She is halfway across the world and I want to hop on a plane right now to be with her. Of course I can't. Stupid cancer.

No comments: