Friday, October 10, 2008

expanding

I don't really know if anyone reads this thing. Certainly not with any regularity, of course, since I don't provide any. Something struck me today, as I was folding laundry, so here I am.

For an update: The boyfriend and I are adding another little person to the mix around here. S/he will arrive in early June, by early estimates, and while we're a little nervous about juggling it all, we're also really excited.

The Kid is still rocking at life, hitting the streets with his "club" of 3 other neighborhood boys on their bikes. They blew through here yesterday afternoon for chocolate milk and fruit roll-ups. They are a motley crew but a good one. I'm trying not to freak out at the thought of them with deep voices and stinkier bodies. All in due time. I'm very glad that he has a solid crew in the immediate neighborhood. I didn't grow up with that, out in the brush, and I've always imagined it for him. He is also very excited about the new bean headed our way, but he will be less excited should it be a she. And he wants to pick names RIGHT. NOW. MOMMY.

I'm still in school, working on my practicum. I was distracted for awhile about the work situation. I started and stopped a job that wasn't right for right now, and I'm back to being broke, but less stressed. I'll figure it out.

The boyfriend and I are headed to Houston tonight for a gig. I'm going to catch up with a college friend I haven't seen in at least 3 years. I have homework to do while I'm there, but I'll be staying in while the boys rehearse. I'm looking forward to the food. Go figure.

1 comment:

A said...

I read you, babe.