Tuesday, May 13, 2008

stream of consciousness

The Boyfriend left for the west coast this morning. Despite the brief nap between the trip to the airport and me "really" waking up, I am exhausted. Unfortunately, I have to be back up at work in just over an hour for the end of the year awards ceremony. All I can say is, thank the heavens my school doesn't do a junior high "graduation".

I tend to stay up later with TB around because he's a night owl and I doze on the couch next to him until he's ready to go to bed. So maybe I'll catch up on some much needed sleep while he is away. This weekend will be strange with the house entirely to myself the entire time. Of course, I'll be working half of that time, but I'll wake up alone and sleep alone. I haven't had that much quiet in......well, who the hell knows when?

Last night I grilled some little flank steaks and topped it with homemade chimichurri sauce. Simple steamed rice was all it really needed as a side. I tried to plan the meal thing better this week, because I've fallen off that wagon in the past month or so. Tonight is an easy dinner of garlic wedding sausage, fried rice (TB usually makes it but I'm going to try with the leftover rice with last night), and some salad. I let The Kid pick a dinner for the night so tomorrow we're having frozen pizza. Next week I'll add the qualifier that it must be something I actually make, not just heat.

Speaking of food....or not, I'm thinking of trying the "Master Cleanse"/Lemonade Diet that some of my buddies have been doing lately. I may have even talked TB into trying it with me, but I don't know if he realizes we'll have to lay off the BBQ if we do that. Maybe I'm not giving him enough credit, but do we both love our meat! I'm nervous about doing that and having to go be a chipper retail worker. I get cranky without food. So it's not just the meat I love. It's all of it.

Hmm, now I want another tortilla.

2 comments:

A said...

I'll Master Cleanse with you. I want to start June 1.

xoxo

mama k said...

i don't think i'd be able to handle it while i'm still teaching, so the earliest i would want to start would be june 8.